D.Developers who worked on Shin Megami Tensei have released release details for the upcoming RPG Monark, a new trailer, screenshots and more.
Shin Megami Tensei Devs’ Monark RPG Reveals Trailer; Confirms the English localization
Publisher FuRyu and developer Lancarse have released a debut trailer for the newly announced role-playing game Monark. The development team whoa consists of those who worked on Shin Megami Tensei, reveals new details, screenshots and confirms that Monark will be localized in a number of languages.
Publisher Clouded Leopard Entertainment has confirmed that Monark will be released in Asia with subtitles for Japanese, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese and Korean. English voice-overs and subtitles will also be added to the game at a later date via a free update, which could mean the western publisher has already picked up the game for release.
Monark’s story follows you as the protagonist who mysteriously wakes up in the Shin Mikado Academy with a barrier separating the campus from the rest of the outside world. Inside the academy there is an insane fog, strange cryptic calls that connect with the Otherworld and seven pact bearers – each with their own demonic power ruled by their ego.
The story sounds a bit like a mix of Lovecraft madness with some demonic powers from Shin Megami, but looks like an interesting setting. The details also stimulate the choice of different paths and friendship with companions who will lead you into four different destinies.
Pre-orders for a limited edition of US $ 99.99 are available now from the NIS America Online Store, which includes a collector’s box, hardcover art book, limited VANI soundtrack, fabric poster “Seven Sins” and a set of five acrylic stands “ Pieces of Ambition ”.
You can check out the main official features below:
- Use your madness to your advantage – Activating your authority gives you power in exchange for increasing your MAD indicator. When your MAD meter hits the maximum you will go into a state of madness that will result in you attacking enemies and allies for several rounds before destroying yourself. Effectively controlling the madness can help turn the tide in combat.
- Fight against the demonic forces – Control up to six characters in a turn-based combat system with free movement. Attack enemies from behind and resonate with surrounding allies to perform combo attacks. Situation awareness and calculated decisions are the keys to victory.
- Explore an academy that is in disarray – Inside the fog are phone calls that connect you to the otherworld. You’ll have to explore every inch of the fog to solve the mysterious anomalies that plague the academy.
- Seven axes represent your wishes – Pride, anger, envy, lust, greed, gluttony, sloth. Your affinity for each changes based on how you answer the diagnostic tests you receive as you progress through the story. How your ego develops depends on your own desires.
- Fiends: reflections of your ego – Fiends are demons who only answer you. Different types can be activated for each of your seven wishes. Strengthening your ego increases the range of cosmetic customization options for your Fiends, as well as upgrading their equipment.
You can watch the trailer below:
Monark is planned for early 2022 on PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Switch and PC. In Japan and Asia, Monark will launch on October 14th on PS5, PS4 and Switch.
For more Dark Alliance receives gameplay trailer and post-launch content announced and Vampire: The Masquerade – Schwanengesang for PC Gaming Show 2021 and Nacon Connect confirmed.