HAppy weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up on the latest games we cover or looking for a refresher, you’ve come to the right place! Here’s a bite-sized version of the week’s top RPG news. Check out the latest news across the Fextralife Wiki network.
Check out the video above and keep reading the text!
- This week was packed with news about the kick-off of the Summer Game Festival, which led to the start of E3 2021. There were also a number of announcements, updates, and revelations.
- Developer The Farm 51 has released a dramatic new trailer for the upcoming Chernobylite. Capture the morbid and terrifying consequences of a nuclear accident. However, in this trailer narrated by Tatyana, it seems like a mix of the supernatural.
- In case you missed it Chernobylite is a survival RPG that combines free exploration with a non-linear story. It is set in the Zone, an area that is suffering from the aftermath of the Chernobyl power plant explosion.
- The players slip into the role of a former employee of a power plant who is investigating the mysterious disappearance of their beloved. Survival, conspiracy, mixed with a little horror and “obsession”. You will also need to rely on your companions to survive and build a team that can make it through this danger zone.
- Chernobylite is currently in Steam Early Access and will be released in July 2021 via Steam and GOG on PS4, Xbox One and PC. The PS5 and Xbox Series version will be released later in 2021.
You can find more information about this news here in the trailer for Chernobylite Gets ‘Tatyana Story’.
- Tuque Games release their action RPG Dark Alliance on June 22nd Ahead of its release, they unveiled a new gameplay trailer narrated by the amazing Jemaine Clement, who gives a colorful look at the game’s features, including all the playable characters, battles, online co-op, and the enemies that players face be confronted.
- The party consists of Drizzt, Catti Brie, Wulfgar and Breuenor Battlehammer. Each of these heroes has over 50 moves and skills to unlock, which sounds like an extensive combat system.
- When it comes to enemies, there are over 30 different enemy types, including goblins and, of course, viewers. The trailer also describes a bit of the story that follows the shard of crystal that every enemy wants their hands on and eventually teams up to conquer it, and only the heroes of that story stand in their way.
- The post-launch content for Dark Alliance has also been announced, with the first free DLC coming out in the summer of 2021, which will come along with the couch co-op. While the game starts with online co-op, splitscreen co-op will come in the summer. According to the roadmap, the first DLC will contain new levels. A second DLC will be released in autumn 2021, which will add new levels and other new difficult leaderboards. Also in the fall, the first expansion called Echoes of the Blood War will be released, adding a new playable character, new levels and more.
For more information on this news, please visit Dark Alliance Receives Gameplay Trailer and Post-Launch Content Announced.
Salt and sacrifice
- The return of the unforgiving, soul-like side-scroller was announced at the opening of Summer Gamesfest 2021, the sequel titled Salt and sacrifice is published in 2022. The game was announced during the kick-off of the Summer Game Festival.
- The popular 2D action RPG title is getting a sequel that brings back everything fans love about the prequel, but this time a new protagonist who is on the hunt for magicians follows. But there is also drop-in, drop-out co-op in this listing with online in online and local co-op.
- There are eight starting classes to choose from, including highblade, Paladin, assassin, cleric, dualist, fighter, ranger or sage.
- Salt and sacrifice will be released in the first quarter of 2022 for PS4 and PS5. The press release also confirmed PC.
For more information on this news, check out Salt And Sacrifice here, a sequel to Salt And Sanctuary announced with co-op.
Monster Hunter Stories 2
- A new trailer that focuses on the narrative side of Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin describes a hero’s journey. This story follows the protagonist and his local companions and also shows the relationship with the legendary Rathalos, Razewing Ratha.
- The latest trailer introduces a number of mysterious characters, various monsters lurking in the wastelands, and Nergigante makes an appearance again. Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin is the second game in the franchise to hit PC, the first being Monster Hunter World.
- Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin will be released on July 9th for Switch and PC.
For more information on this news, check out the Monster Hunter Stories 2 Gets New Story Trailer here.
Stories from Arise
- Two new characters for the upcoming Tales of Arise were revealed during the livestream of Summer Game Fest 2021. The two new playable characters are Dohalim Ilcarus and Kisara.
- The trailer description shares a struggle that will threaten the harmony of Elde Menancia. Together with your party, you can challenge your destiny.
- The Tales franchise typically consists of six party members, with the latest reveal of these two characters, Dohalim and Kisara, joining their previously announced Tales of Arise counterparts Alphen, Shionne, Law and Rinwell.
- The latest trailer previews Dohalim and Kisara’s combat skills, with Dohalim appearing to be wielding a bo staff and using his artes to shoot down hurricanes. While carrying a giant shield and mace, Kisara smashes enemies as part of her Mystic Artes.
- Tales of Arise will be released on September 10, 2021 via Steam for PS5, Xbox Series X, PS4, Xbox One and PC.
For more information on this news, check out Tales Of Arise Characters Revealed at Summer Game Fest 2021 here.
- It has been announced that the soul-like Mortal Shell is getting a new DLC expansion called The Virtuous Cycle. A teaser trailer revealed the news at IGN Expo, but the developer seems to be hiding most of the details for now.
- The trailer teases a building with rain, a forest of moving trees, and a character holding a new weapon that transforms between spear, ax, and double swords. Developer Cold Symmetry posted new artwork on their Twitter this week, suggesting that this will be a new shell that will be available in The Virtuous Cycle.
- The DLC currently has no release date, is listed as “Coming Soon” and is announced for the PS5, Xbox Series X / S, PS4, Xbox One and PC platforms (via Steam and Epic Games Store).
For more information on this news, check out Mortal Shell: The Virtuous Cycle DLC Announced here.
The gambit of death
- The gambit of death gets an extended edition called Afterlife, which was announced by developer White Rabbit and publisher Serenity Forge at the IGN Expo. The Afterlife Edition doubles the size of the original game and adds new areas to explore, storylines, weapons, skills and modes, and tuning elements from the original. A new trailer for Death’s Gambit: Afterlife has been released.
- On Death’s Gambit’s official Twitter account, the developer announced that there will be a number of additions including six new bosses, ten news levels, a revamped world / systems, twenty-two new weapons, a hundred talents, Metroidvania upgrades, multiple endings , Crafts and a world map. Phew, that’s a pretty generous amount of content.
- No exact release date has been planned, but the expanded edition so far has been announced for the Nintendo Switch platform and other platforms in 2021 according to the dissonance of the Death Gambit.
For more information on this news, check out Death’s Gambit: Afterlife An Extended Edition Announced.
- The biggest reveal this week was the reveal of Elden Ring’s release date and gameplay trailer. Yes, Elden Ring is finally back with a brand new trailer and more details about the game. The news received a great response from the Souls community and even on our Twitch channel.
- Details on a variety of weapons, magical abilities and skills, as well as the use of stealth or the help of an ally were mentioned in the press release. You can even explore the world on horseback, from grassy plains to suffocating swamps. There was also a preview of some of the bosses and enemies players will encounter.
- It has also been confirmed that a free upgrade to the Playstation 5 version will be available for those who purchase Elden Ring on Playstation 4, and SmartDelivery will support the game for Xbox One and Xbox Series X | S.
- We posted a couple of videos on our youtube channel focused on the reveal of the Elden Ring gameplay, including impressions and release date. You can watch it on our channel including Cas’s reaction when it was finally revealed.
- Elden Ring will be released on January 21, 2022 for PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X | S, Xbox One and PC. With pre-orders currently available for PS4 and Xbox One.
You can find more information about this news in the Elden Ring Pre-Order Editions here.
Well, that’s it for the week in wikis. Please join us next week for another great week of gaming! Make sure to check out our VIP program for some exclusive backer benefits, and aspiring writers should take advantage of our Become a Writer initiative! Thank you again for being part of this great community. Keep checking back for news, reviews, YouTube streams and videos, and general wiki qualities.
Follow us on social media for the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the bigger the Fexus army will be: